Q: What is FOIA?
A: FOIA stands for Freedom of Information Act.
- FOIA establishes a citizen’s legal right to access government records and information upon request.
- FOIA responses and information are freely available (within set guidelines) but they are not free to obtain; usually, you must pay for the costs of finding, processing, copying and mailing the requested material.
• FOIA Fee Itemization Form (Effective July 1, 2015)
• Resolution Establishing Procedures and Guidelines to Implement the Michigan FOIA (Enacted June 23, 2015)
• FOIA Form (Requires a Microsoft Word-compatible program to open)
- Transportation Asset Management Council
- State of Michigan Resources on Act 51
- State of Michigan Legislative Reports