JOINT MEETING OF THE
VILLAGE OF MORRICE COUNCIL
AND ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MORRICE VILLAGE HALL
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by President Harold Dickerson.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Council Members Present: Harold Dickerson, Phyllis Dickerson, Kim Kollek-Jewell, Christine Williams, Robert Gentner, Tom Cameron, and Cathy Mulholland.
Also Present: Police Chief: Matt Balsley, Attorney: John Gormley, Treasurer: Brian Swett, and
Clerk: Karen McGuire.
Additions / Deletions to Agenda: None.
Guest Comments on the Agenda: None
MOTION by H. Dickerson, seconded by Mulholland to approve the agenda. All ayes. Motion carried.
MOTION by Mulholland, seconded by P. Dickerson to approve the September 9, 2014 minutes. All ayes.
Special Guests: None.
9.1 Personnel / Police / Transfer Station / Insurance / Retirement
- Dickerson reported that he talked with Will Heath, the school administrator, about buses on Walker Drive. The school will send letters home to students’ parents. Balsley asked about the RESD buses. H. Dickerson believes the school is contacting them. Mulholland said she can bring it up at the next school board meeting.
- Dickerson talked about the DPW cutting back the lawns at the edges of Walker Drive to help with drainage. May need to send letters to homeowners.
Chief Balsley explained that the Village just received notice that we were denied the Home Depot grant for repairs at the Transfer Station.
9.2 DPW / Municipal Buildings / Park
9.3 Street / Sidewalks / Newsletter / Web Site
9.4 Sewer / Codes
9.5 Zoning / Ordinances / Annex / 425 / DDA
Mulholland reported that SSESA had their annual budget meeting and approved a budget of $1,190,320.00. Three firemen went to Iowa to approve the new truck specs. They approved them so the building will begin soon.
Village Of Morrice
Regular Meeting Minutes
September 23, 2014
In August there were four ambulance calls in the Village and 121 total calls for all of SSESA. The runs year-to-date were 1,129. The Board approved some write-offs.
10.1 Construction Board of Appeals
- Dickerson reported that he is still trying to get a hold of Dick Bolek.
10.2 Morrice-Perry Mutual Aid Agreement
Gormley and Chief Balsley need to set a meeting and then Gormley will talk to Perry’s attorney.
- Dickerson stated that he and Chief Balsley recently talked with Perry’s mayor about the Public Safety millage and what the results will be if it doesn’t pass.
10.3 Ordinance – Planning Commission / Master Plan / Future Land Use Plan
Tabled. Gormley will bring a draft to the next meeting.
10.4 Draft – Lagoon Property Lease
10.5 Park Agreement
Tabled. Gormley will draw up a draft and then meet with the Township’s attorney. Mulholland asked for discussion. Topics discussed included: funding and fiscal year, recreation plan cost and amendment, lease and the number of years, appointees and the number from each municipality, cost to Village to get park ownership, and what happens if the agreement is dissolved.
The Park Committee is currently short two members and if Dan resigns too there will not be enough members to have a quorum for meetings. Pat Jewell is interested in sitting on the Committee.
MOTION by H. Dickerson, seconded by Mulholland to add this item to the agenda as new business.
All ayes. Motion carried.
11.1 Park Committee
MOTION by H. Dickerson, seconded by Mulholland to appoint Pat Jewell to the Park Committee.
Roll Call: Ayes: Kollek-Jewell, Cameron, Williams, Mulholland, P. Dickerson, Gentner, H. Dickerson.
Nays: None. Absent: None. Motion carried.
Announcements / Correspondence
- Dickerson announced that mail and other correspondence is on the table for review.
Guest Comments: None.
MOTION by H. Dickerson, seconded by Williams to adjourn the meeting. All ayes. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
Harold Dickerson, Village President
Karen McGuire, Village Clerk