Village of Morrice
Downtown Development Authority
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance: called the meeting to order at 6:04.
Roll Call: Board members present, Beth Andrus, Kim Jewell, Bob Dickerson, Jeff Harris, Lyn Smith, Bob Peterson, Troy Morrish, Lisa Haring. Absent: Dave Banker. Also present John Gormley
3. Call to the Public: none
Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Haring and seconded by Peterson to approve the agenda as presented. Motion Carried.
Approval of Minutes from 10-24-18. Motion made by Haring and seconded by Dickerson to accept the minutes as presented. Motion carried.
6. Approval of Financial Report. $99,358.12. Motion to Approve by Peterson, seconded by Dickerson. Yeahs: Andrus, Dickerson, Smith, Harris, Peterson, Morrish, Haring, Jewell. Nayes: none. Motion Carried.
7. Committee Reports. None
8. Old Business
a. Downtown Project: Motion by Andrus and seconded by Dickerson to spend up to $6000.00 on the purchase of the remaining accessories to complete the downtown project. Yeahs: Haring, Smith, Morrish, Peterson, Dickerson, Harris, Jewell, Andrus. Nayes: None. Motion Carried.
9. New Business
a. 2019-2020 Budget: Motion by Haring and seconded by Anrus to approve the budget as presented. Yeahs: Smith, Morrish, Haring, Andrus, Peterson, Dickerson, Harris, Jewell. Nates: None. Motion Carried.
b. Amendments to Michigan DDA Act: Motion by Andrus, second by Haring to form a committee to work on the DDA Synopsis. As well as to hold informational meeting to the public in July and October.
c. Proposed Amendment to Village Parking Ordinance. It is currently being looked at to ensure it works for the current needs to the downtown district. More info to come at a later date.
10. Final Public Comment: None
11. Next meeting on April 24, 2019 6:00 PM at Village hall.
12. Adjournment: 6:56. Motion made by Haring to adjourn and seconded by Dickerson. Motion carried.