Village of Morrice
Downtown Development Authority
Special Meeting Minutes
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance: Called the meeting to order at 6:04.
- Roll Call: Board members present, Beth Andrus, Kim Jewell, Bob Dickerson, Jeff Harris, Lyn Smith, Bob Peterson, Troy Morrish, Lisa Haring. Absent: Dave Banker. Also present Philip Hruska
3. Call to the Public: none
- Approval of Agenda: A motion was made by Andrus and seconded by Dickerson to approve the agenda as presented. Motion Carried.
5. Old Business
a. Amendments to Michigan DDA Updates: Committee has the first report ready to go out. Currently working on remaining reports.
b. Update on Zoning Change for Downtown Parking: Andrus made motion to Adopt Parking Ordinance 22.214.171.124, seconded by Harris. Yeahs: Morrish, Harris, Andrus, Smith, Dickerson, Jewell. Not present for vote: Haring, Peterson. Motion carried.
9. New Business
a. Business Direct Mailers. Motion made by Morrish, seconded by Dickerson to Spend $1000.00 along with the Transfer Station to mail out 2500 Direct mailers adverting for the downtown area as well as the Morrice Transfer Station. Yeahs: Morrish, Harris, Andrus, Smith, Haring, Peterson, Jewell, Dickerson. Motion carried.
b. Main Street: The village streets committee has brought the possibility of a street grant of 50% matching funds. The only street to qualify is Main Street. A motion was made by Andrus, seconded by Dickerson to spend $20,000.00 to help pay, if Grant is obtained for the project. Yeahs: Morrish, Peterson, Harris, Smith, Andrus, Dickerson, Jewell. Abstained from vote: Haring. Motion Carried.
10. Final Public Comment: None
11. Next meeting on April 24, 2019 6:00 PM at Village hall.
12. Adjournment: 6:56. Motion made by Morrish to adjourn and seconded by Harris. Motion carried.